Using Hydrogen Peroxide For Mold Removal

Hydrogen Peroxide has been used as a very simple and effective cleanser in our households for long. However, when it comes to mold removal at home, it can also become your best companion and make sure that the walls in your house don’t look bad. Molds are generally responsible for releasing a few toxic chemicals that might cause sneezing and allergy-like symptoms to the members of your household. Therefore, when only a small area of the house gets infected, using hydrogen peroxide can be a great way to get rid of the molds without having to spend hundreds of dollars on professional mold removal. Bellow we describe the method of removing mold with hydrogen peroxide, but if you want a safe and non-toxic/eco friendy cleaner we would recommend the mold removal products from our shop.

Hydrogen Peroxide For Mold Removal

Hydrogen Peroxide For Mold Removal

It is important to understand that there is a difference between the commercially available bleach and the hydrogen peroxide we use at home. Bleach is generally harsher on the walls. Though peroxide can also result in the fading of the wall colors and must be diluted with water in order to be used safely, it is normally better than the use of bleach. It is easily available in the house. More importantly, you would not have to bear fumes and smells that are characteristic of bleach usage on the walls.

The first thing that you have to do here is to ensure your safety. Though hydrogen peroxide is safer, there is absolutely no harm in taking precautions to safeguard yourself. Wear gloves and breathing masks so that you remain safe. These mask and gloves will also protect you from getting infected by the mold when you are cleaning them from the walls. Therefore, you need to be very careful. Dilute the peroxide now. Ideally, the concentration should be only 25% with water which means that 3 parts water must be mixed with 1 part peroxide for better results. This would remove any chances of fading colors of the walls while still killing the mold.

Pour the solution into a spray bottle and then apply it thoroughly on the walls. Let the solution sit for at least 10-15 minutes, so that the chemicals get time to kill all the colonies of mold. After this is done, use a brush with very hard bristles to remove even the lightest debris on the walls. If there is any stain or debris left on the wall, then you would probably see new colonies in a very small time. Take your time in this process. Now, use some warm water to clean the walls and finally use paper towels or cleaning cloths to dry off the walls.

StumbleUpon It!

Leave A Comment...

*